Tuesday, February 13, 2007

There's No Business Like Snow Business


Winter Movies
by Lance Lancington

There's a winter storm happening outside my house right now, and it looks like we could be stuck inside for a while. I'll try to stave off the stir crazies by watching some of my favorite winter movies, and if I lose power I'll just play them out in my head. Here are the top 5 winter movies (Christmas movies are automatically disqualified). As an added bonus, I've include the worst winter movie!

Top 5
5. Midnight Clear
4. The Shining
3. Fargo
2. The Ice Storm
1. Empire Strikes Back

Worst 1
1. Smila's Sense of Snow

Lex Lexington replies:
Oh, Lance, I see your 5 and I raise you 5. Wait, that means that I would have 10. So, I'm just going to call. But it's a strong call. A near raise.

My top 5:
5. The Decalogue (Dekalog)
4. Better Off Dead
3. Affliction
2. Slapshot
1. Doctor Zhivago

Worst 1:
I want to say Snow Day, but I never saw it, so I'll say, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

People, the guantlet, or the mitten if you will, has been thrown down. Won't you pick it up metaphorically by replying with your entries in the comments?

2 comments:

Tad Rainwater said...

Jolly good one Lexington! Although I dare say, I've seen nought but "Better off Dead." Now what if I said "The Thing."

Anonymous said...

Rainwater sez "Groundhog Day"!